100

So I had to steal this idea from KaRynn who's list made me think of some funny memories. Here are the 100 things you may/may not know about me..

  1. I would gladly warp back in time to relive some of my most fun highschool & college moments
  2. I haven't had a working tub in the past year and a half....I miss baths!
  3. Jane Austen is my hero - I intend to own every book and movie versions that are out there
  4. I've never broken a single bone in my body and my only claim to fame is a sprained ankle on the 1st grade field trip to the zoo
  5. The dark scares me still when I'm in bed alone
  6. I somehow survived a whole year of college going to bed at 3 in the morning every school night (an average of 4 hrs of sleep or less)
  7. I cry easily when watching movies...CGI animals dying? Yep, cue tears
  8. My husband was my first and last boyfriend. :)
  9. I didn't get my license until I was 18
  10. One of my many life goals is to swim with dolphins
  11. I've never drank any kind of cola drink in my life and still think it's disgusting
  12. Ever since I can remember, I would prefer to have all boys -- teenage girls? No thanks!
  13. I remember seeing Mulan in the theaters with a childhood friend
  14. I never wanted a sister....ever
  15. Australia has always had a hold on me, still not sure why. Definitely a place I would love to visit one day!
  16. I was notorious in middle school/early high school for writing stories...sappy love stories which could still cause deep embarrassment if ever found
  17. I think black licorice is the grossest thing there is
  18. 'Book worm' describes me perfectly - I'm reading constantly and the library is one of my favorite places in the world
  19. I can't stand people who harass those who spank their children.. that's fine if you don't but don't interfere with someone else's parenting. Yes- I intend to spank my children.
  20. I've attended 7 temples so far in my life: LA (baptisms), Newport, Idaho Falls, Salt Lake (bro's wedding), Columbus, Spokane and Tri-cities
  21. I've only had 1 birthday party in my whole life (thanks KaRynn!) which was for my 17th I think - and yet I never really cared (parties for me weren't important).
  22. I taught Tot Soccer for 4 years and still think of those as some of my best memories
  23. My mom is a convert to the church so I have immense respect for missionaries and my brothers!
  24. I loathe stick shift cars...I mean really really dislike them. I learned to drive on one and flatly refuse to do so again. Luke owns one since I've known him and therefore I've never driven it. It's not because I don't know how, I just hate it!
  25. I've been playing piano for 13 years (since I was 8) and only had one teacher for 10 years who I still love dearly
  26. Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress of all time
  27. I can pop both hips out of their sockets
  28. At 21 years of age I have yet to have a cavity and yet the dentist is my worst enemy
  29. I took dance lessons with my older brother and we were pretty good at swing dancing together
  30. Because of the the item above, my older brother and I wanted to go to BYU together and go to swing dance clubs so we could show up everyone there with our mad skills
  31. I LOVE animals and several people (my dad being the front-runner) claim I have a special gift with them
  32. I've sworn off all horror movies forever (with good reason)
  33. As a teenager I had a bright green room, it actually was pretty sweet. I miss that room!
  34. Another life goal is to own a horse (or at least ride once a week) and become a horse trainer as I already have a knack to it, so my instructors say
  35. I'm a sucker for old TV shows and the GameShow network
  36. My family conversations consist of about 50% of quoted movie lines. All would-be spouses must keep up or they are not approved of. :) (last part may or may not be true)
  37. I was homeschooled for a good part of my life but attended public preschool, kindergarten and 1st grade in Colorado
  38. I have an immense dislike for mopping and vow to never do it again until I own a home. This is thanks to my mother for 'allowing' me to mop every Saturday morning of my teenage life. (It would take me at least 1 1/2 hours)
  39. While I have a very short fuse, I forgive people easily
  40. I would have loved to live in the 50's era - Swing Dancing!
  41. Don't get me started on a few certain subjects (drivers, young mormon girls getting married too early, liberals, wives who don't support their husbands while he's in school) because I will get on my soapbox for a good portion of time
  42. I still shudder remembering what a brat I was from 12-15...attitude adjustment was well needed
  43. I had friends who thought I was making a mistake getting married when I did... I'll just say this, if you're not mature don't do it. I was and I've never been happier.
  44. Will always be in love with Silverstrand beach
  45. I've been to only one other country besides the US, Mexico on a family cruise but I hope to remedy that by traveling to Canada soon!
  46. Realize more and more each day that I'm turning into my mother....and that's ok. :) My mom is my best friend next to my darling husband.
  47. I've never talked back to my parents, never. I was too scared!
  48. I always wanted to marry a cowboy....and I married a lawyer instead. Kinda ironic.
  49. I was OBSESSED with Orlando Bloom in highschool. He literally was plastered all over my room.
  50. I fell out of the two story window when I was 2 onto our wooden deck in CO. My mom was taking a shower and Jeremy tried to open the locked sliding door to get me. When he couldn't, he ran to tell my mom 'Deveny fell out the window!" She was freaked to say the least but I was perfectly fine
  51. I've eaten shark & escargot and liked both
  52. Was a member of the 'Trapizoid of Death' in Seminary - basically a group of guy/girl friends who loved to talk. But don't get me wrong, I had 2 years of 100% attendance and lettered.
  53. Think Portuguese is the sexiest of languages ;)
  54. I've always hated Turkey lunch meat with a passion, I will absolutely refuse to eat it
  55. One of my bad habits is getting rid of split ends...it drives Luke crazy!
  56. I once almost got beat up by a drunk middle-aged lady because I accidentally almost hit her car with a small rock (she was speeding on a residential street)
  57. It still weirds me out to say I have a 'career', I don't think I'm old enough for one! (I'm the youngest member of the company) Something seems wrong about ordering around middle-aged people..
  58. I have bugged Luke about once a week for the past year that I want a puppy, it's just to remind him to buy me one once we have a house. I don't want him to forget. haha
  59. I was the Tattletale when I was little...shocker. Can't fight back 3 brothers with muscles? Use your words
  60. I've found the games I hate, I usually end up winning. Figures.
  61. I used to know absolutely NOTHING about computers but thanks to my job I'm pretty good with them now
  62. Unfortunately I've had one run-in with the cops, campus cops that is. Freshman year + prank wars with boys + stealing their clothes from the dorms + getting chased by the boys = campus cop coming to our doors and having us return the clothes in his car to the dorm...with a huge group of peeps watching. Classic. (The cop was cool by the way)
  63. I've had my life threatened by a stranger over the phone (while conducting surveys)
  64. I think Jack Johnson is the MAN
  65. I'll always remember visiting my Grandpa Mortensen after his stroke and holding his hand. He couldn't talk or move but he could squeeze your hand.
  66. Had a bug fly into my ear at the Worst Girls Camp in Existence (not just because of the bug), where it then had to be 'flushed' out with water. Yes, I bawled like a baby
  67. I would write apology notes to my parents because when I'm upset I can never say all I want to. My mom has saved these which is a constant embarrassment to me but provides endless entertainment for my brothers and husband. Thanks mom.
  68. Remember playing the 'Sweet, Tangy, Sour' game in the car when I was 10 (wave to other drivers - wave back they're sweet, just look at you is tangy, ignore or rude gestures equals sour)
  69. I still crave In-N-Out now and then. It will remain my #1 favorite fast food place forever
  70. You will constantly see me writing things down with my ever present paper & pen so I don't forget things but I usually forget about the paper later
  71. I once had rootbeer come out my nose, not a very pleasant feeling in my opinion
  72. I can probably sing almost every Country song word for word that comes on the radio thanks to my parents
  73. My life wouldn't be complete without Peanut Butter, I'm pretty much obsessed
  74. I plan on learning Portuguese once I quit my job
  75. I've sewn since I can remember, from cross stitch when I was little, to PJ pants, skirts, a Jane Austen & pioneer dress, to quilts.
  76. In my heart I'll always be a CA girl
  77. My right shoulder cracks about every 9 in 10 times when I raise my arm
  78. I'm still scared of nursing homes from experiences I had from visiting one in Simi (singing, playing piano, etc.)
  79. My favorite food has to be a toss up between Mexican and Italian
  80. I wasn't able to have a successful sleepover at other people's homes until I was in my teens; I would get homesick
  81. The first dog I get is going to be a Great Pyrenees (in memory of my beloved Stryker) and I'm going to name him Darcy
  82. I think the heating pad is one of the greatest inventions and best friend a girl can have
  83. I've fainted once in my life and it's in my top 5 worst experiences of my life
  84. I've rented a car alone and thought they were going to card me HAHA
  85. Even though I've played the piano for more events than I can count I still shake like a leaf
  86. Smooth Jazz music always calms me
  87. I took a level 300 class in college freshman year just for a boy
  88. I work and talk with people all over the world - China, Brazil, Canada, India, London, Netherlands, and more. I think it's pretty cool. :)
  89. I'm OCD when it comes to washing dishes. I refuse to let Luke do them unless I'm sick or too tired because they HAVE to be done my way or I won't think they're clean enough
  90. I eat spaghetti and garlic bread at least once a week (Cheap meal!)
  91. My number one pet peeve is people chewing with their mouth open or leaving it open in general
  92. Am famous in my family for how I would relate all my weird dreams to them every morning
  93. Have play dates with my mom over the phone with our Wii's playing Dr. Mario
  94. I want to burn my old journals but can't for sentimental reasons..I'm just so embarrassed when my kids will read them!
  95. Had a crush on practically every boy I knew in highschool at one time or another
  96. Enjoy watching Spongebob at 21---my husband doesn't get it. I think it's an age difference thing.
  97. I collected & traded Pokemon cards just because I thought they were cute, I never could sit through an actual game
  98. I love going to an early morning temple session on a clear beautiful day
  99. I've had more blood drawn in the past 4 months than I have in my entire life marking a grand total of 2
  100. I love my husband more than anything in the world besides the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I think he's wonderful and I don't know what I'd do without him!!

1 comment:

KaRynn Sheranian said...

Bahahahahaha. These are my comments. I knew there would be plenty:

#4 - Lie! Didn't you sprain your ankle at a stake dance?

#16 - Hahahaha. Oh the stories. I think I have those hidden in a bottom drawer in my room at home! haha.

#33 - Haha. Do you remember the wallpaper party? When we spent how long taking the wall paper off and repainting? So fun! Wall paper fight!!

#52 - Trapezoid of Death! OMGOODNESS!! I TOTALLY forgot about this! Hahah!

#56 - Didn't you throw that rock late at night when we were talking outside my house before you walked home? I have a feeling it was one of those times. I vaguely remember an angry lady backing up. haha. Freaked me out!!

#80 - I know! You and your homesickness! Always screwed me over! =D We got ONE good sleepover at my house. The rest of the good ones were at your house. haha. And the one other time that you WEREN'T sick, you cried cuz of Mikey. haha. Oh man. Memories.