"Tooth Hurty - get it?"


Had to throw in a 'Ringer' quote. So I've always hated the dentist with a passion - I could think of a million things I'd rather do. I've even told friends I'd go get a 'lady exam' any day then head on over to the teeth doc (which is completely true). Why do I hate the dentist? I honestly have no idea... I'm sort of a freak in my family in that I have no cavities. None. Never had one ever.
I honestly think it stems from having a mean hygienist while growing up. She was short tempered, showed me graphic pictures of what my mouth would look like if I didn't floss and was very heavy-handed while cleaning my teeth. Oh, and she made me open my mouth like a hippo.. I think it's a combo of that and my jaw condition. I get freaked every time I go because my jaw shifts out of position if I open widely. I grew up terrified I'd get lock-jaw one day (come close a few times).

Happy end to the story, we started going to a place up here and I love it! The hygienist are all super nice & cheerful, they can do a cleaning in like 10 minutes and they know about my jaw & let me open as wide as I feel comfortable with. They remember my name & all about The Admiral (I started going while preggo) and tell me I'm taking excellent care of my teeth. Basically I love them.

No comments: