So two weeks ago Mr. & I dropped The Admiral off at my parents & took a long weekend getaway to Boise. Boise you ask? Ya, Mr. asked the same thing. My thought pattern was mostly went like this "well, there's that cute Anniversary Inn there, probably cheaper to stay & do things then Seattle, we know some people there that we could meet up with, close to The Admiral." Now, in reality the Anniversary Inn has cool rooms...however, cool rooms are cool due to pricing. So while that was out of the picture we stayed at a nice Marriott chain with a big comfy bed *wink*.

I practically had to drag Mr. to the zoo & keep trying to convince him it was 'fun'. Next time I go it'll be with my kids who can share in my joy. I felt like Pollyanna trying to get some excitement out of Mr. & his friend Aaron. Dozens of screaming elementary kids on field trips seems to have added to their idea of fun. I did make sure I was able to get there early to feed the giraffe. Let's just say Boise's on a budget as opposed to LA zoo. One leaf of lettuce torn in thirds lasts about 0.9 seconds so Mr. was unable to grab a good shot.



I'll preface the next activity by saying I hated motorcycles. Hated. Mr. would always say he was going to get one & I'd tell him absolutely not. They're dangerous, accidents are nasty/deadly, blah blah blah. Our friend Aaron (ladies, he's single!) has one & I decided while Mr. couldn't get one, I might as well take a spin with someone experienced. Can I just say there is something sexy about riding one? Wearing knee high boots, straddling a motorcycle with people staring & hanging on for dear life is a great adrenaline rush. After one ride I told Mr. I would reconsider my opinion. After the second ride I told him he could get one (he went online that day to check them out).

They did have the Tiger exhibit where you were only separated from a fang/claw filled death by a sheet of glass. Awesome!

The boys & I went out shooting our guns (yes, Mr. owns a gun now; it was his graduation gift to himself. My only requirement is that we both take a handgun class) out past the city limits. You just had to be careful to shoot away from the cows. Totally serious. You'd think gun shots would make the cows move further away...

Mr. with the 'other' child
I'll preface the next activity by saying I hated motorcycles. Hated. Mr. would always say he was going to get one & I'd tell him absolutely not. They're dangerous, accidents are nasty/deadly, blah blah blah. Our friend Aaron (ladies, he's single!) has one & I decided while Mr. couldn't get one, I might as well take a spin with someone experienced. Can I just say there is something sexy about riding one? Wearing knee high boots, straddling a motorcycle with people staring & hanging on for dear life is a great adrenaline rush. After one ride I told Mr. I would reconsider my opinion. After the second ride I told him he could get one (he went online that day to check them out). After he passes the Bar, gets a job and buys us a house that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment