I've always grown up with video games. Being the only girl with 3 brothers I was widely versed in all things Mario, Nintendo 64 and Gamecube. It wasn't uncommon to have a Mario Kart tournament for Family Home Evening. Yes, my parents would play. It was awesome.

When Mr. and I were dating we'd take our aggression out on Golden Eye (James Bond 64 game) with the system the roommates shared.
Once we'd been married a couple of months, Mr. borrowed an xbox 360 and insisted I try Halo. I refused. Xbox?? That thing has TWO joysticks on it! Talk about confusing & a feeling of vertigo. However, one early Saturday morning I finally relented to give it a chance.
We played for 8 straight hours & beat the game. Yes, I'm fully aware of how nerdy that sounds.

Once we had moved to Washington, Mr. bought his own xbox 360. He's always been big on the first-person shooters which I'm not. I like cute, easy games that I can beat with one hand behind my back and makes me feel like I'm a boss. Mr. again insisted I'd like playing Call of Duty: Black Ops. I refused and said I'd watch but not play. However the lure of the social aspect (he plays with some of his friends) was too much and I finally relented. I now play with a group of guys (friends, co-workers of friends) ~3 times a week & am better than half of them. (We play after The Admiral is in bed)

I think this video pretty much sums me up...
4 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a total nerd. I play xbox (COD 2) with my bf all the time LOL! I love when girls can be just as good as guys. Who said video games were just for boys??
hahaha. awesome. i loved the video. that is hilarious. too bad i'm not into call of duty, otherwise i would totally play with you 3x a week. ;D
maybe i'll marry someone who's addicted, and then we'll be all matchy matchy.
Ha ha ha. This is awesome. My husband and I totally play video games together, too. He's more into the manly ones, and I'm more in to cute ones, but we find some we both like. Like Peggle? So good. And Techno Kitten Adventure? And, of course, Mario Cart.
Post a Comment