Two years ago when I started making these trips alone I started having severe anxiety attacks which became so serious I couldn't even leave my apartment without an attack. Crazy right? Thanks to medication I got it under control & after getting pregnant with The Admiral the condition basically disappeared sans meds (although it's never completely eradicated).
Thankfully all my flights were on time & everything went according to plan. There were some new things I did learn on this trip:
- Crazy rednecks are a lot more apt to flip you off for taking 'their' spot in an open lane. They may even speed past you, pretend like they're going to come over & then turn around with the bird to make sure you see them. Ahhhh Ohions - just love you guys.
- If you forget how summer storms work out East, Ohio will be sure to remind you. Dark around 2pm from storms with thunder/lightning galore.
- CEO of my company informs me he wants to make me a manager in the near future regardless of what people think of my young age. "I don't look at you & see someone who looks like they're 20" - Sweet! I think I was more excited to hear I still look young. haha
- Regardless if sleeping pills are taken or not, I never sleep well alone in hotel rooms.
- The Admiral's voice is the insta-cure for stress
- People faking being blind/deaf with a seeing-eye dog will be found out in airplanes. Cops will board the plane once everyone is seated & ready to go, and will get them off. And everyone will be surprised & confused, although thankfully the flight isn't late getting to next stop. True story.
No comments:
Post a Comment