Imperfection

I tend to be the ticking time-bomb person... The one who will bottle everything up inside to maintain the cheery/happy attitude, until it all claws its way to the surface and explodes. Only to then start the scale back to zero, which is usually good for a few months.

I've always felt blessed to have achieved the optimism and self-confidence I have. However, trials happen. Bad days happen. Lack of sleep and increase of work-stress happens. Crap happens. Arguments happen.
And they all add to the time-bomb scale.

When I hit the limit, everything magnifies. Why can't I find more energy after work to actually DO things with my son? How much longer can I last trying to be employee and mommy? WHY AREN'T I PREGNANT YET? Why does it seem so easy for others?

I allow myself to feed the self-pity for an hour or two. To maybe cry a little. To maybe think of things I'd shout at those who all they do is complain, not realizing how easy they have it. To maybe sneak a nap & clear my head.

Then I move on. Because if there is one thing I've learned this year with all my trials, is to move on. We all need the 'me' time to break down once in a while - to let the time-bomb go off - or we'd go nuts. To have someone give us an extra long hug and tell us we're pretty.

And then...

MOVE ON

And focus on loved ones. Smile because of the two men in my life I was blessed to have. Rejoice because I have the Gospel and know who I am. Embrace the normal routine I have. Enjoy the life I've been given.

3 comments:

Mars said...

I find myself wondering why other people don't have to go through _______ and I do. And that it's not fair. But then I realize they have their own things. And I too have adopted the move on and "life.goes.on" attitude. It's the only way to enjoy life, your blessings, and to be happy. It's not worth worrying about those other things!

Chelsea said...

I relate to this post more than I even care to admit. I one of those people who always seems to be waiting for the next stage. I am so glad you shared! I have a lot to learn from your good attitude!

Courtney B said...

Oh my gosh... I totally get this! Maybe every woman goes through this? But I just let it build and build until I explode (usually on my poor husband) and then sit in the bathroom and hysterically cry and yell at my hubs when he comes to check on me (like I did the other night)until I finally realize I'm really crying for no reason. Then I go to sleep and wake up the next morning super embarrassed... but with a much better day ahead of me :) And then it all happens again in a few months. Yikes!
But I guess we go through those ridiculous (and embarrassing in my case) times to remember how good life is and all of our small blessing truly add up!