So my blog has a new face which was..unexpected. I was going for just a new background but ended up erasing some key items on my side bar.. I'll just go with it and say it was for simplicity's sake. Less is more right?
I had the best weekend I've had in a long time. I think I was just getting sick of being in the same rut and needing something extra. So luke took me out to eat in Spokane Valley at a Wingers we found (which reminded us of the good ol' Rexy days which was fun), walked around the mall and just had fun being together. Sunday was my first Sunday teaching the Sunbeams and I found out my co-teacher got called in the Primary presidency so I'll be flying solo from now on. Thank goodness I found out the one of the two, shall we say--more vocal kids, moved away so I'm totally fine having the class to myself. But the kids were so much fun and surprised their old teacher with how well-behaved they were....will it last? We'll see.
I'm such a nerd but I'm just so excited to prepare my lessons each week and thinking of fun things to get the kids interested. I really believe the Lord knew I needed this calling. I finally feel like I'm accomplishing something important. I know my job is super important and I'm supporting my family but that's work. It's just life. But now I just feel like I have something to look forward to on the weekends besides hanging out with my wonderful husband. I think it's just filling that little bit of a void I was feeling. I've really missed coaching Tot soccer every week (when I was in CA) and working with kids and now I get to have that every week again. Go Sunbeams!!
No comments:
Post a Comment