Sunbeam Teacher


So I'm officially now a Sunbeam teacher for my new ward. I can't tell you how thankful I am I wasn't stuck as a pianist or organist.. *whew* Just scraped by that one. I'm sure I'll continue to sub and play for various other things (already played for 2 baptisms) but as long as I can have a chance to serve in another capacity I'm down with that.
So the primary program is next week so my first sunday as teacher consisted of sitting up on the stand with a group of kids trying in vain to get them to stand up with the rest in sync when the songs came on. haha And when you have a couple ADD 5 year olds that's kind of tough. My co-teacher seems really awesome though, she's another young married (with no kids) and I really look forward to getting to know her better. So far I've only seen 3 of the 9 kids we have but I know I'm going to have a blast with them. Maybe now I'll start to memorize those primary songs? :)

No comments: