Reading Corner


I told you I could post something non-Admiral related. :) So I've read some pretty amazing books lately but one of the more recent ones I picked up was 'Zamba'. You all know I'm crazy about animals so obviously I was going to love this book one way or another; and it wasn't a tear-jerker which was wonderful....ok, ok, I cried at the end because he died (after a long healthy life).
As someone who has always dreamt of being able to spend time with exotic animals this was really touching - how his owner came to meet him, their relationship and Zamba's overall sweet/loving personality. And hellooo, pictures of a big lion with a 3 year old & then 7 year old (cover) - adorable! (The owner's daughter who grew up with Zamba as a big brother)
Another 'animal' read I'm working through is 'Beautiful Jim Key' - a famous educated horse back in the late 1800-1900's. His ex-slave trainer, Bill Key, worked using patience & love to teach Jim how to read/write/count/basic math equations, etc.. Both of these stories just drive home how smart & capable animals really are, which is something I can never pass up.

No comments: