Month Update

Taaadaaah! Here's the little project I worked on for The Admiral's room and finally completed (thanks to having a mom stay for a week). You can't tell in these pictures but each letter is speckled with the opposite color paint. It turned out dang cute if I do say so myself. I'm also well aware that this kind of thing is super popular right now & everyone is doing it for their kid's room but I really couldn't care less. At least mine is handmade. :P
The Admiral turned a month old yesterday - yikes! Where did the time go?? All I have to do is think about him getting older (teenager, college, going off on a mission) to make me stop, give him a hug & kiss and enjoy every minute while he's this little. As for me - I'd like to just say for you ladies..if you think everything for you will be back to normal(ish) after having a baby..HAH I wish someone had told me I'd still be having pains a month after giving birth (dependent on how the delivery went granted). A few weeks ago my doc took a look at my stitches because I was having so much discomfort to find part of a stitch left long was causing most of the problem. "You must have a very high pain tolerance to be taking this so well." Luke & I looked at her like she was crazy. I'm a wuss, what can I say? Which is why I had both morphine and an epidural. :D
He's still a super mellow baby (thank goodness) and LOVES bath time
You know you're a parent when you spend hours just laughing at faces your baby makes. Luke is really good at making him smile but he's also been pooed, wizzed and barfed on while my record is still 0. I think he does it on purpose to get Luke's classic reaction - I'll be hearing silence and then "ARGGGGGGG!!! Do you know what 'your' son just did to me?!?!" hahaha Love you two!

2 comments:

Mallory said...

I'm impressed that you haven't been violated baby-style yet! Sorry you are taking longer to heal than you expected. That part wasn't fun for me either (and I just barely had to have stitches). But Tristan sure is a cutie. I love pictures of babies when they have super clear, super attentive eyes!

Greg and Kalie said...

I love the wall decor you made. So cute!