Let's begin with -
- So I may or may not have pictures all the way back from Valentine's day that I haven't gotten around to putting up. I told you, I'm Head Master Suckage at the Academy of Suck with emphasis in blogging. But picture posts are soon to come. Pinky Swear.
- I'd like to take all the texting plans in the world & smash them into tiny itsy bitsy pieces. I LOATHE texting! Explanation: I think teenager's grammar & general attention span has dropped to the negative nth degree. "Srsly". It would bug me enough to try & hold a conversation with my little brother with his phone going off every 5 seconds but now that I'm in Young Womens it's like I'm in a personal nightmare (joking). First I don't think if you came to church with your family you really need to bring a cell phone but texting during a lesson? Ummmm rude? My little beehives even have them! I hope they don't hate me when on Sunday I lay down the law but tough, I'm not going to play second fiddle to an inanimate object. (Can you tell who's the tough parent in my little family?)
- I'm really nervous about teaching my beehive's lesson on Sunday..the last time I taught a lesson was to Sunbeams (3 & 4 yr olds). I wonder if I could get away with having the girls color a picture for half of class..... I'm not really the type of person to be afraid talking to strangers but when it comes to public speaking (aka training or lesson giving) I get super duper nervous. But I'll take heart to what my BFF KaRynn said, "They're 12. Nothing you do will seem wrong to them. You're 23, they'll worship you." I guess I AM pretty amazing..... ;)
- The Admiral is growing up so fast it's insane. 4 teeth and has been getting up on his hands & knees along with rocking back & forth (prelude to crawling...oh gosh..). He's still the most mellow dude which makes going out easy on us. I'm a little nervous about his first plane ride here soon - Luke & him are coming out to Ohio with me (business trip) so hopefully the mellow carries over.
- Promotions are awesome. The end.
4 comments:
Finally an update! :) Young womens can be a lot of fun... but yeah, the cell phone thing is a problem. Luckily none of our girls take out their cell phone during class. I'm pretty sure if they can't have them out at school, they shouldn't have them out in church. They'll understand that. Good luck with your lesson!!!
Your lesson will be awesome. You can even call me and practice on me if you want. =D And I can make inappropriate comments and ask weird questions to prep you. Hehe.
Thanks guys. :) It went really well - I didn't even have enough time for all the stuff I prepared. And they laughed at all my jokes so either A) they think I'm funny or B) They're just really really polite. haha
Haha. AWESOME. See? You are the bomb.
Post a Comment