Hatred, thy name is Biking

We came to a family decision that we needed something new to do together & get us out of the house. Biking, now that sounds like fun doesn't it? We could utilize some of the awesome bike trails our city has to offer & it's healthy - what could be bad? My parents still had my bike from back when I was tween and my dad generously gave Luke his bike. Shortly thereafter we bought a sweet bike trailer for The Admiral's enjoyment plus a helmet. Speaking of which, I really need to take a picture of him in it...we about died laughing.
Our first jaunt was in the sandy trails behind our complex....bad idea. Biking in sand & up major hills was a pain in the rear...literally. The next day I looked like some rodeo cowboy. And Luke agreed to go biking with our friends & their kids.
Did I end up looking like a fool? Ummmm yes. I couldn't sit so my legs got sore after the first mile or two and I was in agony the rest of the way. I stuck it out for a few miles but I ended up driving to our picnic location.

Note to self: Don't think you can bike many miles after 10+ years of non riding. Thanks, your rear.

Everyone got to relax when we stopped for a picnic, and Luke even took The Admiral down the slide for a photo op.
Next time I'll just sit in the trailer with you!

1 comment:

KaRynn said...

Hehe, sorry about the rear end. ;D that sucks. But that means you're getting in shape! Soreness like that is GOOD pain.