
So I've heard from a few of you that I need to put up some new posts.. I know, I know, it's been a while. I swear, the only reason is I always need to put up photos & we only have one computer that I can upload my camera to. So it's more of a hassle. Which is a lame excuse. Lame-o in the corner.
Annnnnnnnnyway, a few weeks back we went to the Silverwood amusement park just over the Idaho border. Can I just say our friends are amazing - they not only shared their anniversary day with us but found a killer deal where we got in for half price. That's 2 for 1 people! As in, a married-with-kids-couple's fantasy. It was pretty much bomb. Shout out to Rach & Miles, holla!
Now, coming from California & Cincinnati we couldn't help but compare to Six Flags & Kings Island. Which really, wasn't much of a comparison but honestly, after not having ridden a roller coaster in at least 3 years, it was awesome. (By the way, the hubby "forgot" my camera when we left so these are jacked off of Google. I say "forgot" because he'd be the one who would have had to carry it. Smart man.)
Now this is where I give a shout out to all the short people out there. Here's the situation: you're short. Your roller companion isn't. Thus the lapbar doesn't come down to really do it's job for you. You're left with 2 hand span of empty space. Bring on the massive hills at thundering speeds and you'll literally be flying out of your seat for the length of that track. I may have giggled & squealed like a 5 year old quite possibly.
Aftershock is their new roller coaster which is Six Flags worthy as right out of the gate you are flung backward to be pulled up vertical to the ground several hundred feet away. It felt like we were going up forever. I was freaking. Now, I realize it's safe but when I see 8 of their seats were blocked off & weren't used that day it threw a red switch in my brain. Also, the way it's set up I was on an end..by myself..with nothing in front of me but the splatter of concrete below. But yes, we did go on it twice.The only regret I had all day was to ride one of the carnival rides - standing without being strapped in with centrifugal force keeping you from flying out when the ride twirls like a washer, including spinning almost vertical. Ever since I've been pregnant I get dizzy more easily and it's the only time on a ride I've felt like I almost would loss my cookies. Thankfully, everyone else in the group felt the effects after the ride so I wasn't designated the Wimmpy Mcwimmperson of the day. But ya.. never again. NEVER.
Followed up the evening with a dinner at Texas Roadhouse which is serious good eatin' (not sure why we don't have one in Spokane). Luke & I might even have to drive the 40 minutes just to have it again it's that good.
And The Admiral? He got some beneficial spoiling time with the grandparents at home. Everyone had an awesome day.
1 comment:
being mentioned on another blog...I must be famous. My blood pressure jumps up just looking at these pictures.
Post a Comment