Oregon Coast - Part 3

Craft day for the ladies was spent learning how to make Cake Pops. I've never felt the need to try a cake pop, I thought it'd be like a wedding cake - pretty to look at, disgusting to eat. However, I was pleased to be completely wrong. They're also easier to make then I thought: essentially just make a cake, crumble it with a can of frosting and roll into balls. Then dip in the 'icing' of choice and stick stuff on it. Basically.

All the ladies getting down & dirty with their pops. We also got to meet my brother's fiancee, Carly. Love her!

Menu of the day consisted of Cupcakes, Lions, Chicks and Owls (the only accessories needed were sprinkles, chocolate/peanut butter chips, white candy necklace pieces and M & Ms). My mom finds the cutest things!

Carly with her chick & lion

My Owls

My accomplishments overshadowed by my photobombing brother.

Everyone enjoyed the craft & the men really loved helping dispose of the mess-ups. It's definitely something I'll do again if I'm looking to impress people at a party/get-together.

No comments: