A V-Day look back...

I loved reading about everyone's Valentines Day on all the blogs I creep.
I didn't feel a huge need to post a super cheesiness post but I got to thinking about all the V-Days Mr. and I have shared. It's funny how into Valentines we were whilst dating and newlyweds compared to how low-key we are now. Don't get me wrong, my man always makes sure I'm spoiled on V-Day and our anniversary, I just don't feel the need to have gifts any more.

I did appreciate being presented with gorgeous roses while working though...


I figured instead of just talking about it, I'd take you on a little visual memory lane with me....

This is from our first V-day together. We had been dating for about a month. I spent several days on this beauty & dragged my roomie into it as a slave..err I mean helping me. I cut out a bunch of construction paper hearts and wrote down on most all the inside jokes we had (we chatted before we even met in person for a few months so we already 'knew' each other.. guess I should post our story sometime..). I also supplied some hot sauce/candy and a cute card.
His brother was one of his roomies at the time, so he let me in while Mr. was at class and helped me decorate his room. Then I hid in the closet while he walked in to surprise him. Thinking back that sounds kind of creepy... haha Thankfully Mr. thought it (and I) were super cute.

Our next V-day was as newlyweds. I sent Mr. on a scavenger hunt around the town where I had hidden clues (popular date spots, etc..). While he was gone I prepared a fancy dinner & got dolled up. I also decided to be hardcore and bake a heart cake. Basically you just bake a square and circle cake, cut the circle in half, turn the square so it's a diamond shape and make a heart.
However....
As I tried to get the square cake out of it's pan... it totally dropped onto the floor. Massive ruin. Fail.. I may or may not have cried but we'll blame birth control pills.
The above picture is the only remaining cake.. waaa waaaaah.

Mr. with all the clues. He also got creative and got me roses which he then stuffed with rolled up paper - each one was written with something he loved about me.


Circa 2006 - babies!

6 years...... we may have gotten a little too busy to go all out like we did when we met, but we're more in love than ever. Love that man.

No comments: