Awkward/Awesome

Since I'm a little lacking in photos at the moment (I'll take Easter/new place pictures so you know I'm really alive and I'm not a hacker), I'll let you enjoy some Awkward/Awesome moments....


-Awkward-



  • Having a male OB. I know, I know that sounds terrible. Men can be great OBs! I've just always had a woman. So when a man, not my husband, gets super up & close and personal with the lady bits.....awkward. (He is awesome though, I'll keep him)


  • Being alone in our new place and it not feeling like 'home'. I'm actually such a weenie, I tagged along with The Admiral to spend a day at grandma's house when I could have been a good wifey & cleaned the place. Oops.


  • Not being able to say I recently had surgery in front of male persons because then I get asked what for... and I have to make a quick fire decision if I want to share lady problems. Which the case is always no so then there is either just awkward silence or some awkward excuse. Just overall awkwardness.


  • Hoping no one tunes to our baby monitor station & hears the banshee of a demon (aka The Admiral) at bedtime... Due to the new environment, he's not happy about bedtime and being alone. So he screams/cries and kicks/hits the door until he tires himself out. First time was a good 90 minutes (yep...90...minutes...) but we're down to under 10 now. I'm sure we sound like awful parents, but I am not having a kid that gets into my bed at night. We tried that this last week. Never. Again.


  • My hcg levels. Apparently my body REALLY wants to get pregnant.. On my follow-up visit with my OB he didn't like how slow the levels were dropping, so I got my 4th chemo shot. Had my blood drawn Monday and they're at 10. Grrrr.... so I'm hoping they're zero by the time I get my blood drawn, yet again next Monday.


  • Wonky blood draws. Umm hi fake nurse, thank you for hitting a nerve in my elbow after saying my veins were 'sleepy', I really appreciate being in so much pain I couldn't extend my arm for a day.


-Awesome-




  • Can I be a teensy bit prideful and admit I got a raise this week? I feel like I'm gratifying all the female college dropouts. (Yep, one year of college right here)


  • The Admiral. A few tidbits from him lately....


  • When he had the worst banshee day at naptime, grandpa was over helping set up a new TV. So grandpa gets sick of hearing that and tries going in & being stern with him (it didn't work). Several days later The Admiral is telling me, "No hit door!" and I'm like yes, yes son, that is bad. "Hit door..and grandpa cross!" I'm sure my father would like to know he traumatized my son. HAHA


  • He's so sensitive, it's adorable. If I even just sit down with my head low he comes running up, "Mama! What matter?" and then proceeds to try and cheer me up. I love that kid.


  • Being able to be so close to my parents and 2 brothers - Family is so important to me, I love seeing them every week.


  • Wearing REAL clothes for the first time in weeks. And I'm shooting for being able to sleep on my stomach next week. Holla'!

1 comment:

Carly said...

We are SO JEALOUS we don't live up there too! We miss all of you!
And we're so glad you're feeling better!
love you!