I wonder if the Lord is testing me at this point in my life.. :) I've had a really rough week at work with juggling all the projects I'm heading along with regular routine items and trying to find a balance of getting stuff done at home while maintaining my sanity. Then the ward found out I could play piano and the organ and went NUTS. I guess only 2 women play piano/organ in the entire ward...oh goody. Now I know who will be called last minute for things. (although the bishop, bless his heart, did say he'd try not to categorize me as just a pianist when finding a calling for me...we'll see if he holds up the end of his bargin. lol)
So that Sunday the pianist who is so cute and nice asked if I could sub in relief society for her this next Sunday..I was like, sure what the heck. Then I get asked to talk next Sunday....oh joy..
My topic: ... Let Virtue Garnish Your Thoughts. ??? I know I can make up a 10 minute talk on that but come on now! How come I couldn't just get an easy topic for my first talk in who knows how many years? And to top it all off I got a call last night at 9 pm asking if I could play for a baptism on Sunday. Suuuure! At this point more stress is just adding on to the every growing pile. :)
Thank goodness for prayer and knowing I don't have to do this alone. I'm actually pretty calm at this point even though Sunday I'm sure I'll be a bundle of nerves.. And I even get like a minute taken of my time limit since we're new and married making me eligible for the Intro everyone gives "we moved from here, and met here, etc."..
If you have any thoughts on what I can include in my talk, LET ME KNOW! Please!
1 comment:
Hey Honey! You can do it! I know you can! =D And the only advice I have for your topic (which, by the way, does sound hard--sorry!) is to use stories! I always think of 3 topics that fall under the theme and then have scriptures/fun stories that convey the point you are trying to make. It ends up being an easy 10 minute talk--and one that everyone enjoys. I mean, I sometimes pay attention to the scripture ones, but when someone is telling a story to make a point,I'm totally paying attention. =D
Post a Comment