Admiral-isms


  • It's true what they say - it's not the terrible twos....it's the half-birthdays. You get to 2 and you're thinking, hot dang this is either easier then they say or my child is a freakin' angel. Then you hit 2 1/2... and you start thinking some demon child twin comes over to play just between the hours of 9-noon and then 3:30-7:30. Weird how that happens to be the awake hours...
  • I wouldn't say I'm a bad singer...I'm not super good but it's not like nails on a chalkboard. The Admiral seems to have another opinion though. Any time I start singing around the house - "No momma! No singing!!". Of course, most times I want to show who's boss around the casa so I'll start belting it out (yes..I'm a parent and not 5 years old....) while The Admiral freaks out.
  • Don't get me wrong, The Admiral is still the sweet little soul I love so dearly. Today we played in our backyard and when I say play, I mean I made him run to the wall and back multiple times... It's mommy's favorite game after she gets off work.... So he'd run to our wall and then run back to me with open arms & say "Kiss!" while offering his cheek.
  • My favorite part of the day is bedtime. We'll read a scripture story, say prayers and then daddy leaves. I'll read him a book and then just sit there for a bit. Most nights he'll just start talking - full on involved conversations where he's staring off into space & I'm trying disparately to follow along. Most recently he started talking about feelings. He started listing people who were happy and I asked him if he was happy. He got quiet & then gave me a coy smile with a, "Yessssss" into his pillow.
  • I asked him "What's in the sky?" and he responded without thinking, "Heaven." (He got that from us talking about Jesus and where He lives)
  • My mom told me there are moments when he reminds her of Shirley Temple, with faces and mannerisms. It made my day. haha 

1 comment:

Danielle said...

So cute!! So glad you're writing these down so you'll remember forever!