Did that title catch your eye? Figured it might..
Roadtrips were always annoying to me growing up - why did everyone insist on using restrooms every 2 hours? I found I had a super power. The Iron Bladder. I kid you not, I could go all day without using the restroom. It made me sad to liken my brothers to pregnant women; why couldn't they just hold it?
10 years and a kid later, I'm still better than your average woman but let's be honest here, babies have a way of messing up your plumbing. So when Mr, The Admiral and I went on our road trip to Idaho I made sure I didn't drink anything that morning. 3 hours is nothing right?
Not 10 minutes into the drive and my stomach felt like it was going to eat itself. I still have no idea what the heck was wrong that day but the pain was horrible coming in waves. By this time we're in the middle of nowhere. Awesome. I'm moaning in the passenger seat and Mr is getting frustrated that I don't know what's wrong.
Finally I tell him to hightail it to the nearest restroom. I'm not going to get gross you guys, nothing happened that trip - my stomach was just hurting. So here we come up to the next rest stop.
Here's the funny thing about driving on state highways in the middle of nowhere... there is no plumbing. It was two outhouses with toilets stuck in it.
Enter Exhibit A. Almost throw up. Tell yourself that the pain is worse. Realize you're an idiot because this is much, much worse. Try not to think about what this actually is. Tell yourself there is no such thing as monsters hiding in poo holes. Freak yourself out. Hightail it out of there.
{Interlude of walking around car to try & help pain}
Enter Exhibit B. Find it slightly less repulsive. Only slightly. Worry about all the cars you hear pulling in. Hate the fact there's full garbage can next to the toilet (what in the world??). Tell yourself this trip was the worst idea. Ever. Swear you're never going to drive in the middle of nowhere again. come to the realization that this pain has nothing to do with outhouses so no point in being here. Realize a spider just went around your shoe. Run back to the car and tell Mr to book it to the hotel.
A much better outhouse than the government operated ones in the middle of nowhere.
I love plumbing and running water. Love it. LOVE.

1 comment:
Sorry you didn't feel good. Stomach pains are the worst! man I would die if I had to use that. I hate public restrooms as it is, let alone having to use anything with no real plumbing. I'm totally with you, plumbing is a must and I love it!!
Post a Comment