Mommas Day & Other Stuff

 I'm not one to make a big deal out of Mother's Day... as long as I'm not the one making dinner and cleaning something on that day, we're golden. Since Mr had some trials and training he was giving to some cops that week, he didn't have time to plan anything. Plus the day before we were in Moscow, ID for Mr's brother's law school graduation. [I'm hoping with two, and a 3rd coming soon, lawyers in the family we never get messed with... thug life] So Mother's Day morning was spent driving 3 hours back home with a screaming toddler...super fun you guys...

I wasn't bummed out though, I wasn't expecting anything. After some lunch The Admiral & I went to take naps and I woke up to a double layer cake. My man knows me too well. Then Monday evening he was a little late coming home as he blew up a picture I love of The Admiral & I, put it in a nice frame and said, "I knew you loved this picture and I thought you might like it in your office."  Love that man.

Note to The Admiral:
I can't believe how much you've grown - I still have surreal moments when I can't believe I'm actual a mom. Your mom. But there's nothing else I'd rather be.
I love how you never want to see people sad. I love what a bright boy you are. I love how you can always make me smile even after doing something naughty. I love how excited you get about bugs, buses, trains and cement mixers. I love when you run full speed at me with your arms open - knowing I'll catch you no matter what.
I love you.


Nunnies on the Runnie!


In other news I'm trying to actual decorate our place...I didn't realize how tough it is.. I see so many cute ideas and have the total package in mind but the execution is never quite what I'd imagined... It reminds me of this meme...

So this is part of my living room wall - our furniture is a very dark nuetral so I wanted some color on the walls. Please tell me this collage isn't ugly....and if you think it's ugly - LIE.


1 comment:

Carly said...

CUTE. i might steal that blue frame thing.

see you in less than a week!!!! <3