"Prepare for trouble.."

When I was a pre-teen, Pokemon came out. Much like pogs, it was cool to buy/trade Pokemon cards even though more than half of you didn't know how to actually 'play' the card game. All my brothers and I collected the cards, although I tended to make my purchase decisions on Cuteness factor...
Since we were homeschooled and had early morning seminary, my mom would bribe us in getting up early for scripture reading by letting us pick cards at the end of the week. My littlest brother was so obsessed in fact, he got the VHS tapes of the show, making it our first Anime experience (and my last).


Recently that same brother (now 18) and I dug through my dad's shed and found the box the tapes were in.

And since said brother is now away at college, The Admiral & I helped ourselves to sneaking-er, I mean borrowing, a VHS player and the tapes. Nostalgia for me and filling up a little piece of my Nerd heart.

2 comments:

Mars said...

haha love this. I remember when Pokemon was so cool! Don't some kids still watch this?

Deveny said...

Probably like Land Before Time, there are probably 20 versions :) It's the show that never ends.... haha