Date Night - Months in the Makin'

I'm ashamed to admit Mr. and I hadn't been on a real date in.....months. It was so bad I couldn't remember the last time. In our defense, since I work from home & Mr. is on the job hunt (with occasional prosecuting duties for a near-by town) we get to see A LOT of each other. That includes alone time at nap/bed time. But still...date night needed to be re-born!

I love shooting and had yet to visit our local shooting range. I informed Mr. that was what we'd be doing to which he readily agreed. Any time Mr. can walk around in the outside world with a gun in the back of his pants, he'll do it (he has a concealed weapon permit & we'd shoot his gun there as well).

After dinner and a 20 min wait at the range (it was PACKED for 1/2 off date night), we got our guns & ammo and headed inside.

At first I wasn't doing so hot because I'm used to outdoor/can shooting which is more of a Spray-N-Pray method. But I started getting the hang of it.

Mr. is a natural. I swear he cheats somehow.

His zombie Bin Laden didn't have a chance.

Yes, the gun is unloaded/uncocked. For some reason Mr. was nervous to be around me when I had it loaded?? hah

My guy showing I actually can aim - this was with a 1911 which was a new one for me. Mr. slipped in a "Brace yourself. It's got a kick." right before I shot. Nice...thanks babe.

A date night that will be repeated soon I think.

1 comment:

Mars said...

so fun! I love shooting guns too. I'm not good at it though. And guns scare me due to experiencing the Columbine incident first hand-but as a hobby I think it's fun. Plus as a girl, doesn't shooting a gun make you feel hotter and more bad A (sorry am I allowed to say that on your blog? haha). Anyway, most guys say girls with guns are hot. Perfect date idea!