"I can do hard things"

I've learned time and time again, that when something hard happens that the Lord always seems to send extra blessings right after. Almost as if to say, "I know what you went through is tough but look! I'm giving you something to be happy about!". Again, just reinforcing that He knows me personally and all He wants is for us to be happy here on earth.




Mr. had a job interview last month for a small town 1hr 1/2 away from here for a city/county prosecutor. It seemed to go well (he talked with the guy for 3 hrs!) and we were fully expecting a second interview. However, I wasn't totally sold considering it was a massive work load as he'd be the only prosecutor for the whole town, and he'd be the coroner. Yes... coroner. And for those that know my husband that's laughable. So I wasn't too thrilled.




Then he got the second interview where he met with 2 other people. It went fantastic and it really was just down to him & one other guy. After the interview I found out that he's only on a phone tree for the coroner thing (which is mostly old people that die in their sleep) - so he's not even the first person that's called. So I was feeling a lot better about it. We both felt great.




3 days later they called to let him know he got it! This was one day after we found out about the eptopic. I just feel so blessed! So he starts the 20th...yes, only 2 weeks away. Whew! So we're going to be running around like crazy people packing and moving. We already scoped out a nice apartment complex on the outskirts of Tri-Cities (my parents live in one city and we'd live in another - it's basically 3 cities smushed together) so he'd only have a 40 min commute. Crossing our fingers one is open for us to move in on April 1st. Until then we'll crash at my folks since Mr. has to start his job.




I plan on continuing working for a bit since it'll help greatly with Mr.'s student loans. Those devils.


And The Admiral will get more playing time with Grandma. Win-Win.





So proud of you babe!


(Honeymoon picture - at least Mr. looks adorable)

1 comment:

KaRynn said...

Yay! Congrats to you both! New job AND getting to live closer to your parents! What a blessing!!