Shots can be awkward...

So after 3 rounds of 'Let's play Vampire on your arm", I found out today that my hcg levels actually rose a tiny bit. Which isn't that good. They went from 6500 on Monday to 6800 on Thursday. So the medicine is working (obviously since I still have NO pain) but not fast enough.

So Round Two at the hospital with the Metho shots.
We got there at 3, waited an hour for my blood to be drawn and then another 30 minutes for my Metho shot.

The nurse came in, verified my info and I proceeded to unbutton my pants and pull them down a tad. Why hello Casper-White, stretched-marked belly! The nurse looks at me like I'm a total nut job. "Ummm, this is going in each cheek..".
Totally confused since my first was in my belly, she tried to call my OB to verify. But since she was off hours and not on call, and specifically wrote on their "In the Butt" [ok, those are my words], we went with it.

Oh sorry nurse, you thought my stomach was awkward? Here, let me pants myself for you.


Anywho, I guess it works faster if injected in your booty. I'm praying this round 2 works and my hcg levels drop it like it's hot or I'm looking at surgery. Boo. So any happy thoughts you can send my way, I'd greatly appreciate it. Wasn't the best thing to hear with one week left before we move. On the bright side, if I do need surgery we'll be in the same area as my parents so we'll have tons of help with Tristan/meals/comfort.

And I've learned - you never turn down pain meds. Oh Loratab, you blessed thing you. I predict I crash at 7:30 tonight for some much, much needed sleep. :) I'll post my Friday Faves tomorrow when I'm not loopy.

TGIF everyone!!

2 comments:

KaRynn said...

I'm sending California sunshine and smiles your way! And I'll have a new blog post up by tomorrow! Will that make you feel a bit better?? :D I love you! It was so fun to talk to you yesterday!

Unknown said...

Wow, just catching up on your blog... lots going on! Some really great things, and some not so fun. To the good things--yay! That is awesome! Hooray for a new job and new condo! :) To the not so fun... I will send prayers and thoughts your way. You are one strong woman, and I know you will get through this with flying colors. <3