Hello Summer....we meet again

 Can I just get an Amen for living 2 minutes away from a huge river?
Growing up in southern CA close to the beach, I've missed being around water all the time - especially in the summer.
So when Mr suggested we head down to the riverfront trail I was all for it.


We parked near a playground which unfortunately had leftover rain water at the slide ends.. Drat! The Admiral went down the least unfortunate of the watery slides. Only to then walk like he had a stick up his rear for the next 10 minutes. Looks like we know who inherited Mr.'s aversion to wet clothes...


Ummmm, yes. That is a snake. We weren't sure if it was alive or dead. The fact we didn't notice until we were past it, with The Admiral on that side... I think I'll feel better if I pretend it was dead.


Smelling the flowers and counting all the dogs that passed by..


Dude. I am so proud of my legit fishtail braid. I've tried it in the past only to fail on epic scales. However, I saw a youtube video where the chick put a ponytail holder at the top, then you just slide it off after you're done. Obviously that is the best idea ever - as showcased by my rockin' braid.

2 comments:

Laura Darling said...

Looks like such a fun day by the water -- and I LOVE your braid!

Mars said...

what a fun place to walk to. Love being outside! Also, your fishtail braid looks awesome!