Weekend Doings

 This weekend Mr made mention of the fact that thunderstorms were forecast for our entire Saturday. However by 10, the sky was still a baby blue with white fluffy clouds so we decided to head to the park. I insisted we let The Admiral play a bit at the playground before going on the trail along the river. Which basically consists of The Admiral going down one slide before running away because kids are "following" him. He hasn't quite grasped the concept that everyone is in fact NOT after him.

While he 'played' we heard thunder and lo & behold, there was a big bank of black clouds in the east moving on in. We decided to get our walk in before the storm hit. It was crazy/beautiful/scary to see how fast that storm came on in over our heads. Once we were smart enough to turn around, that's when the rain hit. Big huge drops with a good amount of wind.
I love storms. I don't mind getting wet. 
In fact, Mr and I looked at each other and smiled. We could have had a moment a la Notebook.....


Except for The Admiral (still on Daddy's shoulders), who's reaction was akin to this...


"Noooooooooooo! No Rain! No Rain Mamaaaaaa!" as he cried. I'm sorry sweetie, mommy is powerful, yes. But she cannot control the weather.



We also got in the mail a postcard & shirt from Italy - thanks Grammy & Grandpa! The Admiral is also stylin' his new boater/preppy shoes. Love them.



And I attempted yet another new hair style. 2 hairstyles in one - cute side chignon and then wavy hair the next day. Score!

1 comment:

Courtney B said...

Gosh, dang it! I was really hoping you two recreated that Notebook moment ;) I'm actually really jealous of your storm. Utah is in a major drought and I don't think we'll be seeing many storms this summer :(