However, then my parents mastiff, Raleigh, hurt her shoulder...again, not unexpected as she wasn't the brightest bulb in the pack (would continue to re-injure herself all the time because she wouldn't take it easy). My parents other dog Colonel is older than her by several years so we always assumed he'd be the first to go.
Over the weekend Raleigh stopped eating and then wouldn't get up. My mom called a vet for that evening to come out but by that afternoon she was gone. It was totally out of the blue and over quickly (they still aren't sure what is was). I can't say I wasn't a complete baby and went upstairs to have a good cry away from The Admiral & Mr. I love all animals, especially ones I consider 'mine'.
She was a perfect buddy for The Admiral...
We did not say anything to The Admiral about it, thinking he wouldn't notice or understand. He went over to my folks for the day, played with Colonel and did not mention her once. Then my mom went to get him up from his nap, to have him say, "Raleigh in the sky." No one had talked to him about her or where she was. We have no idea where he got it from, but I can only imagine. Maybe he had a dream? Maybe he gets impressions that we older folks don't get? All I know is that I love my little boy for giving me the reassurance that there is a Heaven and we will see our loved ones again.

1 comment:
Oh Tristan, thanks for making me tear up a bit. That is the sweetest thing. I'm gonna miss that huge puppy.
<3
Post a Comment