Wedding Overload

Over Labor Day weekend, my younger brother got married in LA, California. We lived in CA when I was 8 & up until I was married so I was glad to see old friends again. However...that meant a quick evening flight to Seattle, a 3 hour lay over and then a 2 1/2 hr flight to LA. On top of getting to the car rental place & driving a good 45 min to our hotel. With a toddler... Who doesn't sleep on planes. Ya.... I'll let your imagination run wild with that.

Due to the fact we'd be in a crowded airport and the Admiral doesn't like holding hands long we got him a backpack leash. Yes, I leashed my kid. I have no shame.

And he liked it.

CA must: In-n-Out... I ate it twice in two days. Oh yes, yes I did.


The sealing was so sweet & I managed not to cry until I went to hug my brother. We both started crying & telling each other 'I love you'. Rewind a few years ago when my older brother got married. Same scenario. I can't help it - I'm so proud of my brothers & love them so much.

Then it was outside to see some friends I haven't seen in 5 years -
I was so close to my little brother growing up in high school; at dances he & his little posse would ask me to hang out with them (maybe I upped the coolness factor by being older?). With some of Bryce's old gang..


My best friends Karynn & Hannah - we've stayed close throughout the years & I don't know what I'd do without these lovely ladies. Hugs, giggles & jokes were all met within the first few minutes & continued throughout the weekend.

Dat' how we roll..

True story: The bride asked us bridesmaids to wear white sneakers. I bought them & brought them...only to forget them in the chaos that is getting a toddler to the 'church on time'. Mommyhood = always being at least a few minutes late.
Oops!

Shot by KaRynn which I can't decide if I hate or not... (it reminds me of when I was 11 or something..I know, I'm weird)

Older brother

The whole fam-bam

Cuties - so happy for them!

The Admiral began clapping & yelling "Yea!!"


My brothers

I think this is so cute - does that make me a horrible mother? haha Picture the Admiral throwing a fit (tired/hungry) & I'm backing away from him while trying to get a shot & laughing. I just like to say he's upset his Uncle is being taken away. :)

At the luncheon (El Presidente is bomb)

Happy news that older bruddar is going to be a daddy!

Admiral making kitty friends...Daddy was unmoved by mommy's insistence that he needs an animal friend...

Breakfast on last day (I don't know where he gets that total cheese smile from)


Until next time CA!

And yes, the flight(s) back were horrible; I had a stomach bug, The Admiral was throwing a fit, Daddy was done with it all... We'll drive next time, thanks. haha

No comments: