This past weekend finally felt like Fall - oh blessed cool weather! I used to be one of those crazies that LOVED summer heat, the hotter the better. But then I got pregnant with The Admiral. And I became a sane person once again. So we took full advantage of the first cool weekend by...
Going to the Park

Slides..

Driving..

Not grasping the 'blow' concept..

Climbing...

Going to the Big Cat Zoo we have here...

What caused this reaction from The Admiral? (almost crying & clinging to daddy)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

THIS...a flock of freakishly painted monkeys. Can't say I blame him. It looks like it'd eat my brains for dinner after closing time.
Can you spot the bobcat?

This was the only statue he'd dare to touch (fake monkeys, gorillas & frogs were deemed spawn of Satan that would steal our souls)

8 feet from the huge cats was awesome; you could also feed them or a bear for 10/15/20 bucks. Mr. simply laughed at me. I am adamant we will return and I WILL feed a Siberian Tiger.

Early morning = naps

This Lion was HUGE. Massive! Apparently he was a newer version of the MGM lion as well.


So awesome! While really small, if you're a big cat lover the $8 bucks was totally worth it.
I also made a trip to our nearby Redbox & picked up some movies that we haven't seen yet...
- Thor - Was pleasantly surprised that it was actually funny. While the ending leaved much to be desired & totally was set up for another, I enjoyed it. Not a 'Buy' movie though.
- I am Number Four - A slight step-up from Twilight..a small step. The acting from the main actor was stilted...I compared it to Kristen Stewart. Although I give props for a more original story line.
- Limitless - Eh. That's really all Mr. and I thought about this one. The ending was the only good part in that it had action & left you with wondering, "Did he or didn't he?".
- Red Riding Hood - Again, brought to mind Twilight with teenage romance-lusting, looooong camera shots of eyes staring and the emo music. However, I'm a chick and I like a sappy story now & again. The villain was only slightly un-suspected but I still enjoyed watching.
- Source Code - Hadn't heard any reviews about this one but figured where can you go wrong with Jake Gyllenhaal? Mr. and I thought it was a little weird but it had a happy ending & those are basically the only movies I like. What can I say, I love a happy ending. :)
Happy Monday!
1 comment:
In all my years in Spokane I never went to Cat Tales, now I want to. And we totally agree on the movie reviews, but we didn't see red riding hood.
Post a Comment